The Narragansett House was the first “hotel” in Narragansett.
The McSparran was built in 1883 on Exchange Place – adjacent to the current post office and was enlarged several times, changing names to become The Rockingham in 1898.
The Mount Hope Hotel was constructed in 1871 by William C. Caswell on the corner of Ocean Road and Congdon Street. The hotel was later expanded to serve up to 300 guests.
The Mathewson Hotel was constructed c. Built either 1858 or 1868 by S. W. Mathewson on Ocean Road, between the old Narragansett House (Miramar now) and the Atlantic House.
The Metatoxet Hotel was built by John H. Caswell in 1866-67. It was a small, family hotel initially, with 29 rooms, but was enlarged over the years to accommodate 250 guests.
The Maxson House was built in 1870 for Edward Tucker. The hotel had about 100 rooms, and was located on Narragansett Avenue
The Massasoit Hotel, located on Mathewson Street, began operating in 1877 by proprietor John Babcock.
The Mansion House was built around 1866 as an addition to the Watson farmhouse.
The Imperial Hotel was the newest and most elegant hotel in the Pier.
Formerly the Continental (then located on Ocean Road between Congdon and Rodman Streets), the hotel, which had originally been built by Stephen Armstrong in 1869, was moved by a later owner, J. G. Burns, to the beach,(Beach Street) renaming it…