The Atwood House was built in 1867 by Joshua C. Tucker. It was located just south of the Atlantic House on Ocean Road. Similar in appearance to the Atlantic House, it was expanded at one point to accommodate upwards of 200 guests. The hotel was later called The Breakers. By the 1960’s the hotel had declined in popularity, and it was torn down in 1967.
(Information source: Latimer, Sallie W., “Images of Narragansett by the Sea,” 1997.)