The Massasoit Hotel, located on Mathewson Street, began operating in 1877 by proprietor John Babcock. The building had originally been built in 1870 on Narragansett Avenue for Edward Tucker, and was operated as The Maxson House. The Maxson House was not successful, and a bank took ownership of the hotel and moved it to Mathewson Street. At that point it became renamed as The Massasoit.
- Mansion House
- Maxson House