The Delavan Hotel

The Delavan Hotel was built by David Briggs in 1869 -1870 on Kingston Road and Mathewson Street. It could accommodate up to 100 guests. The Delavan was later moved and combined with The Elmwood Hotel (located adjacent to the Delavan) to become part of The Gladstone.
(Information source: Latimer, Sallie W., “Images of Narragansett by the Sea,” 1997.)