Around 1910, the European opened, having been purchased by A.R. Edwards and renamed. Formerly, the Kingstown Road hotel was named the Metatoxet (built by John H. Caswell in 1866 – 87), and was later, around 1920, purchased by Mr. and Mrs. George Wood and renamed the Beachwood. The Beachwood was operated successfully until 1936 when the Woods retired. A fire destroyed the hotel in 1958.
- Elmwood Hotel
- Gladstone Hotel