The Ocean House was built in 1869 – 1870 on Caswell Street between Central Street and Kingstown Road. It was one of the larger hotels, but farther from the ocean than most of the other popular hotels of the day. The original proprietor was Ernest Caswell. Around 1872 Captain George N. Kenyon took over the management, and later the ownership, of the Ocean House. The hotel reportedly prospered under the Captain’s management, which he ran for five years. The Ocean House was renamed The Arlington around 1895. It ceased operating a hotel and was torn down in 1917.
- The Narragansett House
- Pettaquamscutt House