The Atlantic House is the only remaining grand hotel along Ocean Road.
The Atwood House was built in 1867 by Joshua C. Tucker. It was located just south of the Atlantic House on Ocean Road. Similar in appearance to the Atlantic House, it was expanded at one point to accommodate upwards of…
The Wayside Inn was located on Mathewson Street, opposite the post office and the Casino, facing the ocean.
Tower Hill House (Tower Hill Hotel and Cottages)
Tower Hill House was built about one mile west of Narragansett Beach. It opened in 1871 and could accommodate 250 guests.
Southern Hotel, c. 1880, was a smaller, simpler yet popular hotel located on the corner of Ocean and South Pier Roads.
The Sea View
The Sea View was built in 1860 by John Eslick. It was located on Kingstown Road, close to where the Narragansett Public Library now stands.
The Rockingham was built by J. G. Burns on Exchange Place – adjacent to today’s post office. Originally constructed as The McSparran in 1883, it was enlarged several times.
The Revere House was built in 1854-1855 by Captain James H. Rodman. It opened for guests in the summer of 1855.
The Pettaquamscutt House was built in 1885 by Captain George N. Kenyon. Captain Kenyon had managed and owned the Ocean House prior to building the Pettaqumscutt House.
The Ocean House
The Ocean House was built in 1869 – 1870 on Caswell Street between Central Street and Kingstown Road. It was one of the larger hotels, but farther from the ocean than most of the other popular hotels of the day.